You may know that the Canadian Rockies are home to luscious landscapes and incredible wildlife. Here are five interesting facts that you may not have heard yet!
- Snow can fall as late as June in the Rockies (and as late as July at higher mountain altitudes).
- Banff National Park, one of five major parks in the Rockies, has over 1,600 kilometers of hiking trails.
- Kootenay National Park is the only park in Canada that has both glaciers and cactus plants.
- Kimberley Mine in the Rockies produced 75% of the lead used by the Allied forces in World War II.
- The Canadian Rockies contain natural wonders such as glaciers, hot springs, and caverns.
Don't miss out on an adventure to such an amazing destination. Book today!